[fdo-users] SDE FDO questions

BTenBroeck billtenbroeck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:43:11 EDT 2010

Hello. I have a few questions regarding the 3.5 provider in MGE 2011.

When Mapguide first connects, it spawns 3 gsrvr processes on the SDE Server.
Then for every browser session that opens, another one is spawned. AND, they
don't close when the browser closes. The Mapguide service has to be
recycled.

Is this normal behavior? If so, is there any way to make the connection
close when the browser closes, or perhaps set something in the
serverconfig.ini to shorten the time till it expires naturally?

We also tried the direct connect method. This is baffling to me, because we
get the exact same behavior as before. Shouldn't the browser spawn gsrvr
processes on the Mapguide Server? Not the SDE server?

Any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Ten Broeck