[fdo-users] FGF and ISO SQL/MM WKB

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 21 10:36:55 EDT 2010

Orest Halustchak wrote:
> Do you or others see other products starting to make heavy use of the
> new version of WKB or WKT?

Orest,

I believe that PostGIS now supports the ISO SQL/MM WKB for read and write.

OGR supports the ISO SQL/MM WKB for import but currently not for export with
the caveat that OGR does not support any geometry extensions except for the
2.5D which was already harmonized with SQL/MM in SFSQL 1.2. It is certainly
my intent to follow the SQL/MM spec in OGR at some point.

To the extent that FDO supports the added geometry types in SQL/MM I think
ingest support should be made available soonish.

Best regards,