[fdo-users] Re: WFS memory usage

Robin Newton robin.newton at 1spatial.com
Tue Aug 23 05:16:13 EDT 2011

Robin Newton wrote:

> I guess I should have also asked: (c) Is FdoXmlFeatureReaderImpl hanging
> on to all these features likely to be be a major factor in memory use? To
> which my current answer would have to be "no".

That was a bit hasty. It turned out my replication example was falling foul
of the stack issue before it had a chance to exhaust heap space. With the
stack issue dealt with a I get a memory exhaustion problem that can be fixed
by tweaking the code to FdoXmlFeatureReaderImpl::ReadNext so that it
releases features which aren't needed any more.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with this, but if I wanted to submit
a patch for consideration for the next release of FDO, what's the etiquette?
Is this something I should ask about on the 'internals' list?

Thanks,
Robin