[fdo-users] Re: Conversion of SQLServer Date type to FDO type Double ?

Bo Victor Thomsen bvt at geograf.dk
Wed Jun 1 06:04:59 EDT 2011

Hi Jackie -

Thanks for taking the time to answer :-)

The FDO toolbox is  absolutely worthy of a closer study. I didn't know
you could change the setup scenario between a datasource and MapGuide
using XML schemas.

Unfortunately it won't solve my problem. My problem is that "Date"
columns from SQL Server is not visible at all in MapGuide  (or the FDO
toolbox). I made a mistake in my first posting, which I corrected  in my
second posting.

A small example:

If you create the following table in SQL Server 2008 R2:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[test_table](
     [counter] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
     [some_date] [date] NULL,
     [some_datetime] [datetime] NULL,
     [some_text] [varchar](50) NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]

and connect this table to MapGuide, the field "some_date" is missing
while the other fields are visible.

I'm using:
MapGuide 2.1,
FDO - MS SQL Server Provider ver. 3.4.1,
SQL Server 2008 R2

--
Med venlig hilsen

Civ.Ing.