[fdo-users] Re: Re:

Ray ray.wu at efacec.com
Fri Mar 4 17:47:32 EST 2011

Jackie,

Using your strategy, the "Attemp to read/write to protected memory" issue
became better and it actually improved the performance for importing big
dataset. However, when I test with a very big dataset (10 hr importing
time), I got a new problem "(dbgql_define_rdb) Memory Error when call
FDOCmd.Execute()" which I posted on this website a few weeks ago. If I don't
use the dictionary strategy, the memory error is not there.

I wonder if the new memory issue could be related with memory cleanup of FDO
objects. I suspect it might be related with GeometryValue cleanup. When I
tried to use GeometryValue.Dispose(), I got "Attemp to read/write to
protected memory" again. I wonder how do you clean GeometryValue object when
using dictionary strategy and set geometry for each new object?

Thanks.