[fdo-users] Re: Compilation on 64-bit linux

Robin Newton robin.newton at 1spatial.com
Thu May 5 04:54:47 EDT 2011

Under what circumstances should I be concerned about libSchemaMgr_OV.so? Am I
correct in thinking that this is used by RDBMS-based providers?

Background: I've inherited an incomplete and slightly stale port of some
FDO-based code to Linux. At the moment I'm trying to size up what will be
involved in getting it all working - and that includes getting FDO compiled
on 64-bit Linux. In the makefile I inherited, libSchemaMgr_OV.so was one of
the libraries being linked against - but if I miss this out I can compile
and run (in as much as I can read a shape file).

My current guess is that there never was a need to link my code against this
library, but that if it isn't installed then I won't be able to use any
providers that use it. Is this correct?

With regard to why libSchemaMgr_OV.so isn't being compiled, is it possible
that the configuration process is detecting that I haven't yet bothered
getting the source for the MySQL and ODBC providers, and so skipping it? If
this were so, could it be rectified by having just one of these providers,
or would I need them both?

Thanks,
Robin