[fdo-users] Re: Compilation on 64-bit linux

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Thu May 5 10:33:50 EDT 2011

Yes,  libSchemaMgr_OV.so is used by the RDBMS providers, MySQL, ODBC, PostgreSQL. You won't need it for accessing file based providers such as SQLite, SDF, SHP.

libSchemaMgr_OV.so is typically built as part of the "fdocore" build process, which builds all the components under the Fdo and Utilities directories.

You can build fdocore by executing the following:

  1. cd [FDO Open Source]
  2. Open and modify setenvironment.sh to specify the locations of the Thirdparty SDK components and build tools.
  3. Source the setenvironment.sh script (bash or bourne compatible shells)

      source ./setenvironment.sh

  4. ./build_thirdparty.sh --w fdo
  5. ./build_linux.sh --w fdocore

OpenSourceBuild__README.txt contains more information on how to build specific pieces of the FDO tree.

Regards,
Greg