[fdo-users] "Property RevisionNumber is not user modifiable " with IInsert command

Ray ray.wu at efacec.com
Fri May 27 11:14:20 EDT 2011

I have a feature class/ table with unique index defined. Now I use FDO
IInsert command to insert a row which conflicts the unique index. I first
got "Unique constraint" exception. But then I catch the exception to
reassign with a unique value, then execute the IInsert command. I got
exception: "Property RevisionNumber is not user modifiable ". That basically
means I can not insert any unique values again.

How could I skip that exception or avoid the exception ""Property
RevisionNumber is not user modifiable "?