[fdo-users] "Property RevisionNumber is not user modifiable " with IInsert command

Brent Robinson brent.robinson at autodesk.com
Mon May 30 09:29:06 EDT 2011

Hi Ray,

You can probably work around this one when you catch the exception, by checking the property value collection passed to the IInsert. If one of the values is named RevisionNumber, then removing it should allow the 2nd insert to succeed.

If the above works, then it's worth logging a defect in Trac. The provider handles RevisionNumber internally and temporarily adds it to the property value collection when the insert is executed. However, when it hits the exception, the cleanup step to remove it is probably being skipped.

Brent.