[fdo-users] Re: Memory issue with FDO IInsert and workaround

Ray ray.wu at efacec.com
Tue Apr 10 09:54:57 EDT 2012

Thanks Jackie for your input.

For #1: I simply call the following to do the insertion:
IInsertCmd.Execute().
Instead of the above, should I do the following?
IInsertCmd.Execute()
fdoReader.close()
Btw, I reuse the same IInsertCmd for all the insertions.

For #2, I use the former approach because I have to insert for a number of
featureclasses and each of them have a dozen of properties. Instead of
caching all the propertyvalues for each the featureclasses which will be
hundred of propertyvalues in total, I wrote some generic code (a dozen lines
of code) which works for all feature classes. So I did new propertyvalue for
each record, but I dispose them after each insertion.

So FDO can not use fragmented memory? I called ODP.net which doesn't seem to
be a problem.