[fdo-users] Fwd: [mapguide-users] MGOS-SQLexpress coordinate flip

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:05:03 PDT 2012

any ideas?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ward Kilby <wkilby at telus.net>
Date: Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Subject: [mapguide-users] MGOS-SQLexpress coordinate flip
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org

I have setup a new server with MGOS 2.4 and SQLserver2008. I have migrated
the SQL db from another machine with MGOS2.2 and SQLserver2008 (backup -
restore). When using the MGOS 2.4 server point data that is stored in
geographic coordinates LL have the coordinates reversed when displayed in
preview with the x = lats and y=longs. I have tested each MGOS version
against the SQL db on the other server with the result being that MGOS 2.4
reading either SQL db inverts the coordinates and the MGOS 2.2 reading
either SQL db reads the coordinates correctly. All the variables are correct
and other software reads and spatially plots both SQL database data sets
correctly with not problem.
Is there something that requires adjusting in the MGOS 2.4 setup to deal
with previous SQL databases?