[fdo-users] FDO Column "REVISIONNUMBER" and "FEATID"

Ray ray.wu at efacec.com
Mon Aug 13 07:32:58 PDT 2012

When a feature class is created using FDO command, it automatically generates
two NOT NULL columns "REVISIONNUMBER" and "CLASSID".

I guess "CLASSID" is used to differentiate different feature classes. What
is the purpose of "REVISIONNUMBER" and how is it supposed to be used?

I have some legacy tables that were created using FDO, and I would like to
populate the table using Oracle command directly instead of using FDO
IInsert. How am I supposed to populate these two columns when I use Oracle
command to insert?