[fdo-users] FDO Usage Questions

Dan Stoica dan.stoica at autodesk.com
Tue Jun 26 09:49:17 PDT 2012

Regarding " The SpatialExtents function through SelectAggregates is very slow, almost as bad as simply reading the Geometries." please note ArcGis doesn't have a native method to accomplish this. Therefore the provider delegates the task to the Expression Engine which is computing the extents by brute force.

In general, for FDO usage examples, I recommend checking the unit tests.

Regards,
Dan.