[fdo-users] Re: Visual data filtering

Partha P. Sarkar partha.sarkar at autodesk.com
Thu Mar 15 11:37:18 EDT 2012

Hi Zdenek,

FDO API will work in Civil 3D also as it's built on top of Map 3D. Try using MgFeatureQueryOptions object.

Try the following code snippet -

                AcMapMap currentMap = AcMapMap.GetCurrentMap();

                MgLayerCollection layers = currentMap.GetLayers();

                MgLayerBase layer = layers.GetItem("Roads");

                MgFeatureService fs = AcMapServiceFactory.GetService(MgServiceType.FeatureService) as MgFeatureService;

                string fsId = layer.GetFeatureSourceId();

                string className = layer.GetFeatureClassName();

                MgFeatureQueryOptions query = new MgFeatureQueryOptions();

                query.SetFilter("FeatId = 5");

                MgResourceIdentifier resId = new MgResourceIdentifier(fsId);

                MgFeatureReader featureReader = fs.SelectFeatures(resId, className, query);

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar