[fdo-users] building FDO source code on Windows

Snehal Joshi snehal.joshi at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:51:05 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to compile FDO source code on Windows. From the build
instructions, I figured I'd need to get ArcSDE SDK. I see there are two
choices for this - the C-API or the Java SDK. I plan to build the FDO
binaries to be used in C++ application. So, I'm assuming I could use the
C-API. Is that a valid assumption. Also, do I need to have any additional
ArcGIS/ArcSDE components installed the machine I use to build FDO code. I
don't have ArcGIS/ArcSDE Server or Oracle on it currently. I have been
struggling to get more information on this, and will greatly appreciate any
pointers.

Many thanks!