[fdo-users] SQL queries through FDO involving geometries

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:57:26 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Do FDO providers that support SQL commands properly detect and convert
geometry columns/expressions to FDO geometry values?

For example, suppose I execute this SQL command through FDO:

SELECT ID, MY_GEOM FROM TABLE

(where MY_GEOM is a SQL Server geometry/geography column)

Will the FDO SQL reader let me access MY_GEOM as a FDO geometry (ie. Am I
able to call reader.GetGeometry("MY_GEOM")) ?

I'm researching an idea for MapGuide whose feasibility somewhat hinges on
whether this is actually possible or not.

- Jackie