[fdo-users] transaction using fdo-postgis provider

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Fri Jul 5 08:14:35 PDT 2013

It seems that this scenario requires you to create and maintain a single context or "manager" object as a global owner of the actions you wish to apply. This manager will execute all of your required actions in the combined scenario you quote below. It will own and initialize the FDO Transaction and manage its state. The Transaction will be maintained for as long as the schema modification/data modification routines are running. If a failure occurs and an exception thrown, catch the exception and have the manager cleanup as required.

Greg