[fdo-users] Can't select features using SQL Server data connection

Elad eladlavi1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:15:50 PDT 2018

Hi. I'm new to MapGuide and Maestro but I am expirienced programmer.
I have shape files and I have also imported them into MS SQL Server using
shape2sql.
When I create a data connection directly to the shape files, and then create
a layer for some feature, I am able to select features using the select tool
on the map.
But, when I create the same layer using the SQL Server spatial feature
source, the features are shown but are not selectable. When trying to
select, it looks like it is processing (the red rectangle hangs for a while
on the screen) but after few seconds, it says "0 features selected" and the
features are not highlighted as using the shape file directly.

What I've tried so far: I susspected that when using the shape files
directly, Maestro recognized the other files such as the .prj files with the
coordinate system so in the data connection, I have set the coordinate
system manualy to what ever it is in the prj file. It didn't help.

I have other issues such as slowness compared to working with the shape
files directly.
I realize the shape2sql is outdated and perhaps misimported the data into
the database, but it does show correctly on the map with all the other
feature data.

Interstingly, when I set the tooltip to "TYPE" for example which is one of
the feature data fields, it is shown! I can't select features even using the
single feature selection.

Please help.
by the way, is there a forum for newbies?

Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/FDO-Users-f3898664.html