[Featureserver] current transaction aborted when openlayers reading from featureserver WFS.

Josh Livni mailing_lists at umbrellaconsulting.com
Fri Feb 1 13:56:27 EST 2008

Ed,

It's definitely on the featureserver side of things.  And it seems to be
the bbox request that's messing it up:
http://pocus.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/featureserver2/featureserver.cgi/GIS?format=WFS&BBOX=-100.773,39.64706,-99.226,40.3529

Have you done any modifications at all to the postgis.py or any other
files in this featureserver setup?  And are you running the latest code
from svn trunk?

Finally, once we do get this issue sorted, you'll quickly run into
another problem:  There's no way you can display 5k polygons at once
with WFS.  I'd say no more than a couple hundred before your browser
starts to keel over.  If you need to display all the polygons at once,
you will probably want to render then as image overlays.  Then if you
need to query/highlight/edit just a few of them at a time, get your
Openlayers to query for just those that need to be in vector format...

 -Josh