[Featureserver] No such file or directory when reading WFS from postGIS

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:25:28 EST 2008

And I've got another problem, it seems.  I've inserted some test spatial
data into postGIS and had it output in featureserver in WFS format.  Now,
I'm moving on to my real data.  I'm using counties as my features, with
emissions associated with each county.  I have the emissions tied to the
state county FIPS code, and then I brought in a county shapefile for the
geometries.  Using shp2pgsql I've parsed out the geometry part.
(SRID=4269;01060000 etc., etc., etc.) so that I can just insert this column
into my original table. (UPDATE table SET the_geom='SRID=4269;etc.,etc.')
WHERE stateCountyFIPS='xxxxx');

I hope that came out clear enough.

After overcoming a restraint (oops counties are multipolygons, not just
polygons), the data was inserted correctly into postgis and I got no errors.

When viewing the WFS from featureserver, though, I get:

An error occurred: expected string or buffer
  File "/opt/lampp/cgi-bin/featureserver2/FeatureServer/Server.py",
line 281, in cgiHandler
    format, content = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info,
host, post_data, request_method, accepts )
  File "/opt/lampp/cgi-bin/featureserver2/FeatureServer/Server.py",
line 145, in dispatchRequest
    result = method(action)
  File "/opt/lampp/cgi-bin/featureserver2/FeatureServer/DataSource/PostGIS.py",
line 208, in select
    geom  = self.from_wkt(props['fs_text_geom'])
  File "/opt/lampp/cgi-bin/featureserver2/FeatureServer/DataSource/PostGIS.py",
line 99, in from_wkt
    for line in self.wkt_linestring_match.findall(geom):

No other errors in apache's error_log.  I wonder if this is because my
geometry came out wrong?  Anyone have any ideas what this could be?  Thanks!
-Ed