[Featureserver] OpenLayers+FeatureServer full transactional example

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 26 08:38:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> Note that you didn't mention "Try the MapFish Protocol" as I recommended
> in here. FS + MapFish servers should likely perform about the same --
> the client side code is what you're looking for. (Also, I still
> recommend getting proxies out of the way for testing. Proxies are a
> different problem.)

I finally got it working !

MapFish server is indeed very similar to FeatureServer. Using
Protocol.MapFish, with a minor change ('bbox' instead of 'box'
property), I was able to accomplish all three transactions using
layer.protocol.commit(features). The 'onRoadCommit' function called
after the transactions is pretty much the same as the 'onCommit'
function of the Save Strategy.

I wasn't able to use the MapFish http-proxy.py proxy since I'm having
some trouble with mod_python in FGS, but Normand is working on it. It's
working without it anyway, so it's a minor detail.

See the demo (not showing that much in the end for so much work trying
to understand how it works... but I'm happy anyway) :

http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga-fs/

"Spatial" thanks to Chritopher Schmidt, Eric Lemoine and Yves Moisan who
helped me a lot,

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Dubé