[Featureserver] Help with FeatureServer , OpenLayers and PostGIS

Gabriel ODUORI gabriel.oduori at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:19:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am working on my thesis and i am somehow stuck. I have a PostGIS database
up and running and have included sone tables in a configuration file that i
would like to be read and loaded on open layers.

My cinfiguration looks like this

[Primary_canal]
    type=PostGIS
    dsn=host=localhost dbname=Project user=postgres password=gabbs
    layer=Primary_canal
    fid=gid #defaults to ogc_fid
    geometry=the_geom # defaults to the_geom
    srid=4326 #defaults to 4326
    attribute_cols=name,barragenam #optional
    order=name #optional

I am looking for a way to have my layers served to open layers through a
method like this example from GeoServer.

  new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Cities",
                "http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wms", {      ## I would
like this line to point to my table in the featureserver.cgi file
                    layers: "topp:tasmania_cities",
                    transparent: true,
                    format: "image/gif"
                }, {