[OSGeo Finance] Quarterly Financial Statements

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 29 05:09:02 EDT 2008

Folks,

I'm interested in what we should expect to be producing for
the board in terms of a quarterly financial statement.

To my untrained mind we should offer two items as part of
the quarterly statements:

1) a moderately detailed listing of incoming and expenses
somewhat similar to the "Profit and Loss - Detailed" that was
distributed to the board-priv list by Tyler.

2) An end-of-quarter balance sheet showing a snapshot
of our status (including accounts receivable and payable).

It might also be nice to have "year to date" income and
expenses document at the same level as the "Profit and
Loss - Summary" recently distributed by Tyler, so folks
have something they can compare to the budget to see
how we are doing.

Does (1) and (2) seem sufficient?  Should we also aim
for the year to date document?  Tyler - do you anticipate
problems preparing such reports in a timely fashion?
Actually, when I get near windows I would be willing to
try and generate these reports.

The end of September is an "end of quarter", and I'd
like to aim to have the finance committee forward
statements to the board by the next board meeting,
presumably the start of November.

Best regards,