[FOSS-GPS] High accuracy positioning with low cost GPS devices: a FOSS project

Eugenio Realini eugenio.realini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 08:25:58 EDT 2008

Sorry, I had a little problem with the mailing list digest (now I've
disabled it), so I will reply to different people in a single message:

Brent:
Thank you for the links, we have used the binaries of precision-gps.org
to save the LEA-4T stream as RINEX data; now goGPS (our software) works
in real-time, but in its first versions it just post-processed RINEX
files and those binaries were really helpful to accomplish that.
I didn't know about gpstk.org, it seems really interesting!
I will try to run goGPS with octave, if I succeed I will let you know.

---
Risto:
At the moment there is no website available, but we are planning to add
a web page on http://geomatica.como.polimi.it/elab/ in the next few
days. I will try to prepare it also in english, anyway there will be
some images of the results...

As for the alpha releases, I don't think goGPS is ready for that yet.
Moreover, we still have to figure out which license to use... I think
that we'll start publishing something after the conversion to C.

---
John:
as far as I know, the only u-blox module that provides raw data is the
LEA-4T.
Unfortunately, the Master's degree theses are in italian. Anyway, I'm
going to write my Ph.D. thesis in english and it will describe
everything related to goGPS in details. And I have to finish it before
january (argh!)...

- Eugenio