[FOSS-GPS] Introduction

Abdelrazak Younes younes.abdel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 03:51:30 EDT 2008

Hello,

Thanks Risto for this initiative. As you asked for an introduction, here
is it:

My name is Abdelrazak Younes. I am presently a freelance engineer,
mostly working in the GNSS field. Most of my career has actually been in
the GNSS field. My PhD thesis was about sequential RAIM and
hybridization with inertial systems. I've worked for Eurocontrol for six
years where I developed the PEGASUS toolset
(http://www.ecacnav.com/content.asp?PageID=55) which is used all other
Europe (and outside) to monitor and assess SBAS and GBAS performance
with regards to Civil Aviation needs.

I own an openmoko free runner since the beginning of this month and I
would like to see if I can port some of my GNSS software to it. I am
mostly interested in innotive navigation algorithms (using the embedded
GPS and accelerometers). I am not quite sure yet if the ublox receiver
used in there allows the transmission of raw data (pseudoranges and
phases); if it does not, well, I am not sure I made a wise decision when
I bought it... I am currently very busy with some contracting work but
next month will be cooler I hope.

I am also involved in LyX, an open source word processor
(http://www.lyx.org) if that matters... well, it matters a bit because
that means C++ and Qt4 as far as GUI development is concerned for me :-)

See you,
Abdel.