[FOSS-GPS] Introduction, python, gps

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Fri Sep 19 05:43:04 EDT 2008

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:23:31 +0200
"Lionel Dricot" <zeploum at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I want to take the opportunity of this mail to say that I'm want
> to develop some little geolocalisation tool in python so I have
> to buy an USB gps receiver.
[...]

Do you mean a GPS data logger which actually records data
to internal memory that can be read out into a computer
later, or do you mean a GPS receiver that plugs into a
laptop/handheld, and any recording is done on the computer?
I would suggest the former. Please take a look at many GPS
devices listed at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/GPS_Reviews

We were interested in USB data loggers, so from the above
list we have narrowed it down to four devices that we are
investigating: (a) Holux M-241, (b) Amod AGL3080,
(c) GlobalSat DG-100, and (d) RoyalTek RGM-300.

Regards,
Gora