[FOSS-GPS] Introduction

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas xurxosanz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 02:30:20 EDT 2008

2008/9/21 Brian Wilson <brian at wildsong.biz>:
> My name is Brian H Wilson and I live in Corvallis Oregon.
>
> I am a GIS professional and occasionally do GPS work. I have about 10
> various new and old GPS receivers at home now, I am thinking of
> starting a museum for them. :-) I'd like to see a nice FOSS GPS data
> collector but I don't have a lot of time to work on it right now.
> I did this page: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPS_Data_Logger and
> included my wish list there.
>
> --
> Brian

Hi Brian,

At gvSIG Mobile, and thanks to Oxford Archeology (they send us a
freeruner) we're starting to test gvSIG mobile with the Jalimo Virtual
Machine. My coworker Juan Lucas has posted several videos on youtube
with screencasts and demos. I like this one showing the GPS position
on a shapefile and walking on the historic centre of Valencia. He has
also started a blog about his tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJqF6_80GkM

http://gvsigmobileonopenmoko.wordpress.com/

Cheers