[FOSS-GPS] Introduction: Mobile GIS & free DGPS

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 06:29:34 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I thought I'd write a brief hello message in the spirit of the new list.

I work for Oxford Archaeology [1] and am involved with our Open
Archaeology [2] program. My interests relevant this list revolve
around the Openmoko platform and the tools / workflows we're
developing for it. Jorge has already mentioned that we're supporting
efforts to get gvSIG mobile running on the Openmoko [3] and we've also
got some other ideas cooking away. I'm very keen to work on an Open
Source DGPS solution for the Openmoko FreeRunner and after a brief
collection of notes [4] decided it could probably work somehow, even
if I wasn't the person that was going to get it working.

I've got a blog here: http://blogs.thehumanjourney.net/finds/

Cheers,

Joseph

[1] http://thehumanjourney.net