[FOSS-GPS] Openmoko Freerunner compatible GPS software

Fabrizio Giudici fabrizio.giudici at tidalwave.it
Tue Sep 23 04:48:12 EDT 2008

Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> I'm happy to try other OS gps software (like qlandkarte or windRose) but:
>  - I don't know how well Java runs at the moment on Freerunner..
>  - I'd like to have the installation easy (for example all software I
> wrote about has .ipk packages available so they're really ease to
> install on Openmoko). Binaries are appreciated or at least some
> howto/walkthrough to tell how to compile it for Freerunner.. Don't
> want to fight for hours just to find out that I wasn't able to compile
> it..

windRose can be installed in binary format of course (even Over The Air,
by just pointing a URL with the browser), see

http://windrose.tidalwave.it/download.html

Of course, this works with regular Java MIDP profiles. I don't know
about OpenMoko, but I'd say that just trying that would give us the
answer. Knowning that it doesn't work is already useful information :-)
Thanks.

--
Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."