[FOSS-GPS] Openmoko Freerunner compatible GPS software

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Tue Sep 23 06:14:21 EDT 2008

> double-clicking on windRose.jar on the windows explorer gives me this
> message box:
>
> ---------------------------
> Java Virtual Machine Launcher
> ---------------------------
> Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
> C:\devel\windRose\windRose.jar
>
> If I try at the command-line, I get:
>
> C:\devel\windRose>java windRose.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: windRose/jar
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: windRose.jar
>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

That's because it's
"java -jar windRose.jar"
but that will not work for MIDP -software. Only for regular java-programs
(and only in in the jar there is a main-class -attribute in the manifest).

Marcus

> My java installation is as follow:
>
> C:\devel\windRose>java -version
> java version "1.6.0_07"
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

That's a desktop-environment. Not MIDP.