[FOSS-GPS] Introduction TravelingSalesman by Marcus Wolschon

Abdelrazak Younes younes.abdel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 06:41:01 EDT 2008

On 19/09/2008 12:29, Marcus Wolschon wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> Just to introduce myself:
>
> I am Marcus Wolschon and the most active of my
> geodata-related projects is Traveling Salesman.
> A Java routing and navigation -software for the
> OpenStreetMap-dataset.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/travelingsales/
>
> It consists of:
> * libOSM - java-library to work with OpenStreetMap
> * OsmNavigation - everything you need to write a router
> * Traveling Salesman - standalone user-interface on top of OsmNavigation

Hi again Marcus,

I suppose it is fair to try your application after trying windRose.

So how am I supposed to test this on Windows? I've downloaded all tree
jar file in a directory and I double-clicked
'traveling_salesman-0.7.1.signed.jar'. A frozen java windows appears
occupying all the CPU, I had to kill it with the task manager (javaw.exe).

> Everything is written for developers using a plugin- and preferences-
> system in LibOSM that allows you to exchange any part of it.
> e.g. test your own routing-algorithm, advanced metric, data-storage,
> map-drawing, location-provider, ...

So, as far as gathered from your wiki, there is two IGpsProvider:

     * GPXFileProvider : that can read GPX file on disk.
     * GPSDProvider: that can connect to a gpsd daemon somewhere on the
internet.

Correct?

Abdel.