[FOSS-GPS] Participants wanted for Nokia's PUSH competition

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:03:24 EDT 2009

Dear all,

Nokia is running a competition to hack / publicise their upcoming N900
smartphone; they say:

"We want you to come up with ideas to hack the N900. A panel of expert
judges will pick the most impressive ideas. We’ll support you to
create them and then take the final creations on a world tour."

There's more on the website here:
http://blogs.nokia.com/pushn900/index.php/what-is-push/

I'd like to hear from people who would be interested in contributing
towards a D-GPS project based upon the Nokia phone; I'll stand as
project lead and start work on the 1000 word description if there's
enough interest. I propose the development of a D-GPS framework to
enable high accuracy GPS position recording within a network of
locally connected N900s and to provide two implementations of this
technology; a hardware hack to provide the phone with a high
sensitivity antenna and detail pole for survey grade recording and a
second, standard hardware implementation, to enable precise location
and messaging within an urban environment.

The deadline for proposals is October 11th, so if anyone's interested
we better start working soon.

Cheers, Joseph