[FOSS-GPS] Whats up with FoxtrotGPS?

John Stowers john.stowers.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 06:02:10 EDT 2010

> I've been working at integrating that ogm-widget branch; it's progressing,
> though slowly. I've uploaded the parts that I believe are solid progress
> to my web-site, for the time being:
>
>     http://www.hackerposse.com/~rozzin/foxtrotgps/branches/ogm-widget
>
> If you notice that the timestamps in that branch are all remarkably
> recent, it's because I'm actually doing this in multiple passes--
> I have another branch here where I just ran through and merged stuff
> selectively but atomically, to see how straightforward it was to
> split the `use osm-gps-map' changeset from the other changes;
> but that proved to be fairly confusing, so I'm going through
> and splitting commits into smaller, more cohesive chunks that
> are easier for me to understand (and I had a couple of false
> starts, where I split a commit incorrectly).

This all looks great. I just built the version to test it.

Which version of osm-gps-map are you targeting? >= 0.5.x (ubuntu lucid)
or >= 0.7.x (current series)?

Also, Sander [1] and I [2] are starting a bit of optimisation work on
osm-gps-map at the moment. Nothing API breaking, just some internal
clean ups to, in particular, improve the layer/osd rendering efficiency.

John

[1] http://github.com/accumulator/osm-gps-map
[2] http://github.com/nzjrs/osm-gps-map/tree/optimize