[FOSS-GPS] Whats up with FoxtrotGPS?

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:39:47 EDT 2010

2010/7/27 Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at geekspace.com>:
> In that last category, Marcus has introduced a (small) new API
> for `data upload', which turns out to be used only by another
> new bunch of code that uploads the current track to Marcus' server
> under the feature-name of "live logging". As far as I can tell,
> there's still no user-beneficial feature supported by that upload,
> so I'm at a complete loss trying to understand why a user would
> actually want to do that. Any ideas?

As an OpenStreetMap contributor, I can understand the usage of a 'data
upload' feature, but in direction of OSM's servers, nos the Marcus
ones. Furthermore, I also know many web services that offer the
ability to share GPS tracks.
At the same time, I don't know if it is the responsability of
FoxtrotGPS to do this job. Perhaps FoxtrotGPS can restrict to display
and record data, delegating the management of these data to other more
Desktop-oriented GPS data editors. I don't know.

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: guyou at im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille at hotmail.com
-=- mailto:guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com