[FOSS-GPS] Re: Geolocation services for FoxtrotGPS

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Mon May 10 08:02:02 EDT 2010

2010/5/8 Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at geekspace.com>:
> Guilhem Bonnefille <guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com> writes:
>> Do you evaluated the telepathy framework? It already implement
>> geolocation of friends over XMPP.
>> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/
>
> There hasn't been any discussion about the possibility of using
> Telepathy yet--I was not aware that it already had support for
> doing Geolocation over XMPP; that's exactly the sort of thing
> that I like to hear, though :)

Did you read the following posts (in chronological order):
http://blog.pierlux.com/2009/01/22/empathy-where-are-you/en/
http://blog.pierlux.com/2009/06/15/geolocation-in-empathy-now-real/en/

> Do you have any experience with these facilities?

Not really. But I will investigate on this direction. Furthermore, I
don't know yet what are the services proposed by tangoGPS around
"friends". Currently, my question is: is this service really useful
compared to the service already proposed by empathy? Should we
maintain such service in foxtrotGPS or should we remove it and focus
foxtrotGPS on other direction?

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: guyou at im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille at hotmail.com