[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS paint-optimize branch

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Sat May 22 07:05:26 EDT 2010

On Monday 17 May 2010 23:08:51 John Stowers wrote:

> > > Partially correct. There is no way to remove tile repositories
> > > programatically but you are free to pass any string you wish as the
> > > repo-uri property (see python demo for example)
> >
> > Hmm does this do something smart for the location of the tile-cache directory? If not,
> > then what cache-dir will it use if I feed it an arbitrary repo uri?
>
> There are two properties to control this. tile-cache, and
> tile-cache-base. By default, tile-cache is initialised with
> OSM_GPS_MAP_CACHE_AUTO, which means the complete tile-cache directory
> will be
>
> /tile-cache-base/md5(repo-uri)/
>
> where tile-cache-base = osm_gps_map_get_default_cache_directory() =
> XDG_CACHE/osmgpsmap
>
> If you want complete control of the cache dir then pass your own string
> to tile-cache (not one of the OSM_GPS_MAP_CACHE_XXX constants)

There is a problem setting these after constructing the widget, because of the
G_PARAM_CONSTRUCT_ONLY attribute on the property.

So I get this at runtime :
GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_valist: construct property "tile-cache-base" for
object `OsmGpsMap' can't be set after construction

grtz,
Sander