[FOSS-GPS] introduction and first help request

Mauro Ugarte A mauro.ugarte at cefop.udec.cl
Thu May 27 00:19:35 EDT 2010

  Hi Tomoji,
>> I ask this because it seems to
>> me that RTCM V3.1 messages broadcasted by RTK reference stations
>> (1001-1002 for precision GPS L1 only, 1003-1004 for precision GPS L1 &
>> L2) could be "constructed" by raw data output, and messages 1005-1006
>> too, using the station position. Is all this possible or am i missing
>> something?
>
> NovAtel OEMStar supports RTCM output including
> GLONASS (but L1 only).
>
> I plan to add the function to convert the receiver raw
> data stream to RTCM in future version of RTKLIB.

That is what we where planning to do! We just ordered a OEMStar module
yesterday to use it as a reference station, but we thought it would only
be useful to provide the DGPS type of corrections, no the RTK ones.
Anyway, being able to provide corrections with a low cost consumer GPS
that outputs raw data would be great, so we are going to be studying the
theory behind that idea (that we don't fully understand yet) in the next
days.

>> so if you know another faster
>> and cheaper, please let me know.
>
> I also recommend NovAtel OEMStar supporting 10Hz
> and GLONASS (with options). No program for RTK-
> GPS/GLONASS with RTKLIB 2.3.0. Just an probram is
> a little more expensive than ublox.

The only problem is the price, because there are chances that in the
future we are going to need many rovers, and the OEMStar is a little
expensive as you said, but since we are going to buy one anyway it
should be useful to develop a prototype.

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,

Mauro Ugarte A.
--
   Este correo electrónico y  cualquier archivo adjunto son confidenciales
y son solamente para el uso del individuo o entidad a la que van dirigidos.