[FOSS-GPS] Tango/Foxtrot GPS - Plotting locations of multiple things

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Apr 27 10:29:28 EDT 2011

---- Original Message -----
> From: "Ben McCarthy" <b.mccarthy at lancaster.ac.uk>

> I don't have my code uploaded anywhere at the min, but it is
> essentially
> just the TangoGPS code (certainly with regards to the graphical
> elements).
> All I have done is adapt the "Friends" part to accept lat/lons from a
> socket
> rather than from the "Friends" server.

This is an item that I was interested in myself when Tango came out,
I *believe* that Rozzin actually has it on the roadmap, though I've fallen
off the edge of the earth somewhat -- being unemployed leaves you a lot
less spare time and energy than you'd expect... and taking a crappy
replacement job even less so.

My inclination is to say that the best end-game would in fact be for us
to find you some help getting the mods to Fox that you've created to behave
the way you'd like -- especially if your code is well-factored and modular
enough to be adaptable to other similar uses -- that way both you and the
project can mark a win in the column.

I may or may not be that guy, but I can certainly tug on Joshua's sleeve
if he hasn't noticed this thread already.  He knows the code quite well,
as do several other contributors.

Cheers,
- jra