[FOSS-GPS] Tango/Foxtrot GPS - Plotting locations of multiple things

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Apr 28 07:37:58 EDT 2011

"Ben McCarthy" <b.mccarthy at lancaster.ac.uk> writes:

> I don't have my code uploaded anywhere at the min, but it is essentially
> just the TangoGPS code (certainly with regards to the graphical elements).
> All I have done is adapt the "Friends" part to accept lat/lons from a socket
> rather than from the "Friends" server.
>
> This friends functionality behaves in the same way if you use it as it
> currently stands in TangoGPS, i.e. it only updates the new location of a
> friend if the map is physically dragged.
>
> One example of a hacky way I tried to fix this was by trying to call the
> on_drawingarea1_button_release_event function in callbacks.c that is run
> when the map is dragged, whenever a new coordinate is received. However this
> didn't work for me.

There's a lot of code in on_drawingarea1_button_release_event(),
but I believe the relevant part is that it's calling repaint_all().

I gather that you're working with update_position_thread() in friends.c;
it looks like it just calls paint_friends(), rather than repaint_all()--
and it looks like that's a bug!