[FOSS-GPS] Re: foxtrottgps: how to change glade file?

Mitja Kleider mitja at kleider.name
Mon Feb 14 03:36:17 EST 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:05:48 +0100, Tilmann Bubeck
<t.bubeck at reinform.de> wrote:

>> Out of curiosity, do you mind me asking what you're working on?
>>

> Yes, sure. I developed a patch for tangogps to do some kind of route
> planning. It will be possible to set many waypoints and save them in
> different file formats.
>
> I use this to plan motor bike trips by setting waypoints to
> interesting points where I want my route to be on. Then I transfer
> this to my TomTom navigation system, which then calculates a route
> based upon the waypoints. Very handy... :-)

You might be interested in integrating the MoNav routing daemon
<http://code.google.com/p/monav/> (like KDE Marble did recently).
It will allow true offline routing using a precalculated routing data
file. It is optimized for mobile devices having little computing power.

Cheers,
Mitja