[FOSS-GPS] Re: RTK-GPS with freerunner: decimeter-level accuracy with Free Software

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Tue Jan 18 11:23:14 EST 2011

RANJAN <infibit at gmail.com> writes:
> The following shell script as mentioned in the openmoko wiki says gives raw
> data dump.
>
> echo 0 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron &&
> sleep 1s && echo 1 >
> /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron && stty -F
> /dev/ttySAC1 -echo && cat -u /dev/ttySAC1 | grep -v ^$
>
>  But I do not understand what raw data are they referring to.
>
> How does the raw data in the .ubx file required for the rtk gps
> differ from the NMEA data.

NMEA is an ASCII format while UBX is a binary format. UBX contains
messages and one message type is RXM-RAW which contains the data that
rtklib parses. The file
ANTARIS_Protocol_Specification(GPS.G3-X-03002).chm which maybe can
still find from the internet documents the UBX protocol in more
detail.

And btw, please try to keep this on foss-gps list so that also other
people can learn and follow the discussion.