[FOSS-GPS] Fabrication needs?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 18 14:28:56 EST 2011

Hi guys, I have a friend that has an impressively complete set of electronics tools (mill, oven, scopes, pick-n-placer smd thingy, etc) and we've been brainstorming some ideas for maximizing the use of his equipment when it's not busy with other paid work.

So, I thought this would be a good group to ask if there were particular hardware projects/products that you would like to see created or prototyped, but aren't able to do yourself, or aren't able to buy at a reasonable cost (but whose components really aren't that expensive).

Just fishing for ideas for fun, but some that he might also be able to turn into a side business for a niche (or even popular!) group.

For example, could some cool rtk GPS projects be investigated, researched, prototyped etc?  Would love your thoughts (even crazy ones!) and will certainly pass them along.

Best wishes for 2011, by the way,
Tyler