[FOSS-GPS] Events?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 4 19:21:39 EDT 2011

Hi all, it's that time of year again when I try to twist your arms to come to the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial - FOSS4G 2011 event.  You can read more here: http://2011.foss4g.org.  I mention it specifically to this list, since I know many of you aren't familiar with OSGeo - but are gurus in geo apps, GPS, etc.

My question though, is what kinds of events do you guys already goto for GPS related hacking, collaboration, learning, etc?  And secondly, would anyone be interested in helping pull together a GPS (and related tech) focused event.  Seems about time, especially with the various other GNSS systems coming online.

Thoughts?

Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director, OSGeo