[FOSS-GPS] Position modes in RTKPOST

Tomoji TAKASU ttaka at yk.rim.or.jp
Fri Oct 28 15:43:49 EDT 2011

Dear Antonio

> Can anyone explain give me a brief explanation regarding the differences
> between the position modes options in RTKPOST? I am especially interested
> in
> the following modes: Single, Kinematic, Static, Moving-base and Fixed.

I think they are generally common terminologies
among GNSS positioning area except for "Fixed".

So see the manual and search by Google.

"Fixed" is special in RTKLIB. In the mode, the user
position is fixed to a priori values specified by user
options and other parameters like ionosphere,
troposphere are estimated. It is also used for the
analysis of measurement noise and multi-path with
residuals.

regards,

*********
Tomoji TAKASU