[FOSS-GPS] RTKLib MIPS requirements?

julio menezes yjmenezes at yahoo.com.br
Tue May 1 17:43:11 EDT 2012

Hi Danny,

> I have a core with a hardware FPU, but it's only capable of
> doing Single floats, not Double.  It is going to break
> things to implement the specified Double calcs with Single
> precision?  I would assume so, but it's worth asking.

The RTKLIB author T.Takasu and A.Yasuda have  ported RTKLIB to a BeagleBoard which has an ARM Cortex-A8- with 1 GHz and floating point, I do not know if double or single precision.

I plan to move in this direction also, may be using a hardware less powerful but cheaper.
Raspberry Pi
http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs
The SoC is a Broadcom BCM2835.
This contains an ARM1176JZFS, with floating point, running at 700Mhz, and a Videocore 4 GPU.

I am waiting, anxiously,  the RTKLIB 2.4.2 version with RTCM-104 phase messages encoder to built a local base station as where I live there are no near NTRIP network ( less than 10km ).

good luck,

julio menezes