[FOSS-GPS] RTKLib and uBlox 7

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Aug 21 16:56:02 PDT 2013

Mic,

   Many thanks for the info.

My problem with my SuperStarII receivers (I have about 20 of these ) is
that they are from an AVL system and I don't think they will spit out
"raw" data.  Looking at their configuration (via StarView) I see:

I think the important part is the "Config #1 Part No : 169-613955-014".
The 014 may correspond to the BLK014 label on the board, which may mean
the same as 214 in the Firmware doc:

Or not; I haven't looked into it too much. But RTKib refuses to show
positions from the SSII (but I may need to try again to get MSG #23 out
of it).

- I need to look into the LEA-6H board I have. Not sure if it exposes
the LEA-6H modules corrections input channel.  Fortunately 3DR publishes
lots of info on it...

- the time-tagging may be a challenge. My plan is to have the on board
flight controller (3DR APM v2.5) fire the camera (for now a
point-and-shoot Canon).  The camera, APM, and GPS will all be generating
time info, so hopefully I can come up with a scheme.

Again, many thanks for the info...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser