[FOSS-GPS] RTKLIB Vehicle Accuracy

beale beale at bealecorner.com
Tue Jul 1 11:38:39 PDT 2014

As far as I know, the lowest price for a receiver that gives you the raw output needed for RTK is the NavSpark RAW at $80 (just the bare board, need to have an antenna also, and probably an enclosure of some sort).
http://navspark.mybigcommerce.com/ns-raw-carrier-phase-raw-measurement-output-gps-receiver/

I think single-frequency 20 cm RTK may be possible in ideal conditions, if you move slowly enough. That is you have full sky view with no obstacles to block or reflect signals. For a ground vehicle that means open country or open field: no trees, buildings, etc.  In typical real-life situations you would normally use a dual-frequency GPS for that level of resolution (but that is not available on your budget).  NOTE: I have not tried RTK myself, only static solutions, so I may be wrong about what is achievable.

-John Beale
www.bealecorner.com