[FOSS-GPS] RTKLIB Vehicle Accuracy

Felipe G. Nievinski fgnievinski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 13:44:31 PDT 2014

Accuracy, budget, baseline length -- pick two.

In your case, keep the baseline as short as possible,
even if that requires setting up your own base station.
Single-frequency receivers are fine if baseline length
is kept under a couple of km.

Signal obstructions are hard to avoid, but you can
minimize their impact by tracking GLONASS
in addition to GPS. So that when a satellite drops,
you'd still have a couple locked on. RTKLIB can
process GLO -- check if the receiver can track too.

Put the rover antenna on the roof of the vehicle
(buy a cheap one with magnetic support).

Those are the principles; I don't have any
specific hardware in mind, though.

-F.

Message: 1