[FOSS-GPS] (Basic) Minicom does not show correct Output

JOHN LYNCH john.lynch at willyn.com
Thu Jul 10 07:21:09 PDT 2014

I am not familiar with the minicom, but I also found I had to patch some of the RTK serial port handling on Mac os x (which uses standard Unix serial port handling) to get port writes to work correctly.  Up until then, the ublox would just send the default format.  Check to see if the port writes are actually working correctly to see if the ublox commands are getting through.

This was a few months ago, but I would be happy to resurrect my work and send along the patch if you are up for rebuilding RTK utilities with it.  As I recall, it was minimally invasive to the existing code (1 or 2 lines to set some additional flag bits).

Let me know.

JohnL