[FOSS-GPS] Short moving baseline implementation

Danny Miller dannym at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 4 12:00:45 PST 2014

Well you'll need an accurate heading IMU, that knows compass direction.
Almost all UAVs need them anyhow.

The RTKLib math itself, I don't know if an STM32F4 can run it.  A
Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone could, though.  Once you have a solution-
coordinates- then the STM32F4 can certainly handle it. It's possible for
the UAV's GPS to xmit the RAW data down to the base for calculation and
then the base give the "short answer" of coordinates up to the UAV.

You need a lot of bandwidth to transmit all the satellite data at 5Hz,
but this is equally true if the base station sends its data one-way to
the UAV for calculation onboard the UAV.

WHEN you've got coordinates, the angle is not difficult to calculate.
STM32F4 can do many floating-point tangent() calculations a second, 5Hz
should not be a problem, although they're much much slower than integer
math.  There's a number of much faster integer math ops to get a
less-accurate tangent(), but the accuracy may still be acceptable for
your system.

Danny